I was inspired for this cookies for a cause post by TJ’s sister, Sara, who is turning 29 in September. Sara reached out to us last week and explained that she was going to make her birthday extra special by planning her own personal triathlon which would add up to 29 miles. In addition to this, in lieu of gifts or cards, she wanted to start a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for two families that she’s extremely close with who have been affected by cancer.
Sara is also a huge fan of Chef Robert Irvine. She wanted to get his attention and challenge him to help in her campaign initiative. Therefore, Sara decided to do something extreme … a 300ft bungee jump! After completing the jump she asked for our help in piecing together a short video, which she could then post, hopefully catching the eyes of Chef Irvine.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4-1/2 cup Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Granola, broken into even-sized pieces
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat together room temperature butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and agave nectar until creamy. Slowly beat in vanilla extract and egg until mixed well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture until dough begins to form, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. When combined well, remove bowl from stand mixer and fold in granola using a rubber spatula.
- Place cookie dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until slightly chilled, about 30 minutes. Once you’re ready to bake cookies, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take tablespoons of chilled dough and place about 1-2” apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Gently flatten each cookie to 1/2” thickness using your fingers. Bake for 9 minutes or until the bottom of cookies become lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.